This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Like many others out there, I find it hard sometimes to balance work, family, friends, my blog and other hobbies. Because of this, I like to keep dessert simple (and pretty!). My strawberry-lemon panna cotta with lemon biscotti is the perfect dessert for a gathering with your girlfriends. Why? Besides being the perfect shade of pink and tasty, it requires no baking! The fancy title may scare you away, but its actually really simple to whip up!
Plant City, Florida is home to almost 8,000 acres of juicy strawberries. The strawberry season runs from December to April and since the weather in Florida is usually breezy with temperatures in the 70’s, it’s the perfect time to shut off the oven and create some no-bake desserts with strawberries!
Another good reason to enjoy Florida strawberries in your dessert is that they are pretty much the perfect, sweet treat. With the addition of strawberries in your dessert, you can feel a little less guilty about having seconds.
Before creating this pretty panna cotta, make sure that the strawberries you choose are firm, plump and have a bright red and glossy appearance. Beautiful berries make an even more beautiful dessert! Another tip is to let the strawberries sit out on your counter to get to room temperature before using them in your dessert.
- 3 cups strawberries, tops removed
- 1¾ cup buttermilk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp gelatin
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package of lemon biscotti
- Blend strawberries, buttermilk, and sugar until very smooth.
- Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small bowl and let stand a few minutes to soften.
- Bring cream to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add gelatin-milk mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Whisk cream mixture into strawberry purée and pour into stemless wine glasses.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with pieces of crumbled biscotti and garnish with a whole strawberry.
Don’t have Florida strawberries at your local grocery store? It’s really easy to ask them to stock them! Just head over to the customer service counter and let them know you would love if they carried Florida strawberries.
No Bake Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Cakes and Pies
- Dairy Free Strawberry Silk Pie by Helpful Homemade
- Easy and Delicious Florida Strawberry Pie by Family Foodie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No-Bake Strawberry Slab Pie by Hardly A Goddess
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry Icebox Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tasty Strawberry Layered Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pretzel Dessert by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Low Carb Lemon & Strawberry Cheesecake Treat by My Life Cookbook
- No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Lasagna by My Sweet Savings
- Strawberry Ginger Rice Pudding Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Tiramisu by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Biscotti by Authentically Candace
Special and Delicious Strawberry Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Jersey Girl Cooks
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake K-bobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Dole Whip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Mochi by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry S’mores Skillet Dip by Casa de Crews
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.