This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Three things I really enjoy are: pizza in any form, Florida strawberries (the tastiest in the world!), and eating semi-healthy. By combining my love for these things, I was able to come up with a delicious new recipe to start off the new year!
My strawberry balsamic flatbread starts with a flatbread crust baked until perfectly crunchy, and is topped with juicy Florida strawberries, tangy blue cheese, a handful of arugula and a sprinkle of balsamic and toasted pecans. It’s easy to prepare and is a great appetizer! Plus, the healthy ingredients are sure to keep you on top of your healthy resolutions game.
There are soooo many benefits to eating Florida strawberries. Did you know that 8 little red berries contain more Vitamin C than an orange?! They also help fight cancer and other illnesses. Those two benefits alone make me want to add strawberries to everything.
Florida strawberries don’t even need to be cut up to enjoy them. Just wash and bite! I like to keep a baggie full of strawberries at my desk when I’m working to enjoy. They don’t need to be refrigerated when you’re on the go! Using Florida strawberries in a recipe? They taste best at room temperature, so let them sit out for an hour or so before using them. Keep their little green caps on until they’re ready to use. This helps them retain their flavor and nutrients.
Now that you’ve learned all about Florida strawberries, how about making my flatbread for your next get-together? Scroll down for the recipe!
- 2 Flatbreads of your choice (I used "Flatout" brand
- ½ cup Florida strawberries, sliced
- ¼ balsamic vinegar plus more for drizzle
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup of pecans, chopped
- handful of argula
- olive oil to brush on flatbread
- Pre-heat oven according to the directions on your flatbread package.
- Meanwhile, slice up strawberries and place in bowl with ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar to marinate.
- Chop up pecans if needed and place in bowl with some melted butter or olive oil and then onto a baking sheet in the oven to toast for a few minutes. Be sure to watch them carefully as they can burn.
- Let the pecans cool.
- Brush flatbreads with a little bit of olive oil. Place in oven for a few minutes to slightly brown and get crispy.
- Remove flatbreads from oven and top with blue cheese.
- Place the flatbreads back in the oven and bake according to the directions on your flatbread package.
- Once the flatbreads are done, top with sliced, marinated strawberries, toasted pecans and arugula.
- Slice into triangles and enjoy!
To learn more about Florida strawberries, head on over to their website or social media channels.
Florida’s strawberry season just began last month and runs through April each year. Now is the perfect time to experiment using Florida strawberries in your recipes!
Healthy Family Recipes Using Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Appetizers
- Chicken and Strawberry Caprese Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Avocado Pinwheels by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry Avocado Toast by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail by Soulfully Made
Healthy Strawberry Salads
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Walnuts by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Pasta Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Wild Rice Salad with Strawberries by Sunday Supper Movement
Healthy Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Rotisserie Chicken Strawberry Pizza by Go Epicurista
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Glazed Salmon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Healthy Strawberry Desserts
- Chamomile Strawberry Chia Pudding by Mid-Life Croissant
- Frozen Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Bark by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Paleo Strawberry Cobbler by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Pavlova with Coconut Cream by Recipes Food and Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.