This post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Did you know that June is #JuneDairyMonth? My fellow #SundaySupper Taste Makers and I have decided to kick off the month with some great recipes that include fresh Florida milk. If you’re into super cheesy and indulgent dishes, you’re going to want to try my triple cheddar chicken pasta! Cheddar, pasta, chicken and turkey bacon…the gang’s all here! But before we dive headfirst into my recipe full of cheesy goodness, let’s learn a little more about Florida milk.
Did you know that Florida has more than 100 dairy farm families? You can thank them for helping with the delivery of more than 270 million gallons of fresh Florida milk to your grocer every single day, including holidays.
Living with these hard working farmers on their farmland are more than 120 thousand dairy cows. Herds can be as small as 150 cows or as large as 5,000 cows. There are several breeds but the the most common breed in Florida is the black and white Holstein. Each Holstein can weigh up to 1,500 pounds (holy cow!) and produce up to 2,600 gallons of milk per year. My favorite breed is the Jersey because they’re adorable looking and their milk makes some pretty tasty cheese and ice-cream- two of my favorite things to eat!
I’ve always enjoyed drinking milk, especially chocolate milk, but it wasn’t until I started creating recipes that I learned how versatile milk is. It’s not just for cereal and milkshakes! It can be used in quiches and other savory breakfast dishes, tarts or to make creamy sauces and soups. Milk is a great ingredient to use for any meal of the day!
Florida Milk is running an awesome contest for #JuneDairyMonth. It’s easy to enter, check out the details below. There are some great prizes to be won!
Florida Dairy Farmers Instagram Contest
- Follow @floridamilk on Instagram
- Share a photo on Instagram during the month of June showing us what you make with milk for #JuneDairyMonth
- Tag the photo @floridamilk and use the hashtag #JuneDairyMonth in your caption
- Week 1: June 1st-June 7th prize Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker
- Week 2: June 8th-June 14th prize $50 Publix Gift Card
- Week 3: June 15th-June 21st prize Vintage Milk Truck Cookie Jar
- Week 4: June 22nd-June 28th prize BBQ Set in Wooden Carrying Case
- A year supply of milk ($275 value)
- A night for 4 at the Publix Apron Cooking School
- Florida Dairy Farmers gift basket
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random each week and contacted via Instagram direct message. Winner(s) have 48 hours to respond and claim the prize or another winner will be chosen.
- Winner(s) will also be announced in the Sunday Supper Movement Newsletter in July
- Must be US resident 18 years of age or older
- This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil to baste chicken
- Salt, pepper for seasoning
- 5 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 pound of pasta (your choice of what type to use)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded triple cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes, until no longer pink inside. Cut into cubes.
- Cook turkey bacon according to directions, cut into pieces once cool.
- Meanwhile, boil water for pasta, cook pasta according to directions.
- In another pan, melt butter and then flour. Whisk together.
- Add garlic and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add milk, cook until it thickens.
- Add triple cheddar cheese and half off the parmesan cheese, stir until melty.
- Once the cheese sauce is melted, add in the cubed chicken and turkey bacon.
- Top with the rest of the Parmesan cheese,
My triple cheddar chicken pasta is best paired with a nice green salad to balance out every indulgent bite. Be sure to check out some of the other great recipes below that were created with fresh Florida milk!
Sunday Supper Recipes Using Milk
Milk Recipes for Breakfast
- Crustless Spinach Quiche with Cheddar Cheese by Recipes Food & Cooking
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowl by Love & Confections
- Easy Baked Grits with Sausage Gravy by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Fruit-Topped Mini Pancakes by Girl Abroad
Milk Recipes for Lunch
- Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup by Life Tastes Good
- Creamy Spinach and Cauliflower Rice by Family Foodie
- Savory Caprese Oatmeal Bowl by Go Epicurista
- Vegetarian Croque Monsieur by Helpful Homemade
Milk Recipes for Dinner
- Gouda Grits with Creamy Asparagus and Crab Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Milk Poached Chicken with Pesto by Cricket’s Confections
- Potato Stack by Healing Tomato
- Triple Cheddar Chicken Pasta by Authentically Candace
Milk Recipes for Dessert
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Coconut Flan by Desserts Required
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Popsicles by Casa de Crews
- Mini Boston Cream Cakes by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.