Hey ya’ll! This weekend has been spent hanging with old and new friends at the Food Wine Conference at Rosen Shingle Creek. I’ve learned so much this weekend about taking my blog and brand to the next level and I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten my weight in delicious treats and meals from the amazing sponsors of the event.
Food Wine Conference is my favorite foodie event of the year and I cannot wait to recap it for you! In celebration of the final event of the weekend at Tapa Toro, I am sharing a super tasty recipe that is the perfect small bite to add to your party spread. Speaking of parties and small bites, tonight’s #SundaySupper Twitter chat is happening LIVE! at Tapa Toro, located at the International Drive 360 area. Tapa Toro’s menu is full of vibrant, small plates that are perfect for sharing. I’m excited to try their paella with my fellow Taste Makers tonight.
My salmon poke on wonton crisps is a unique twist on the traditional poke. Sashimi-grade salmon is covered with a delicious, slightly spicy sauce and then mixed with chopped avocado and green onions before being placed on crispy wonton wrappers. This small bite comes together quickly and salmon is an affordable option to feed a crowd.
- 1 pound sashimi grade salmon or sockeye salmon, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- handful of chopped green onions
- ¼ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- Bake 12 wonton wrappers at 350 degrees for several minutes until brown and crisp. Keep an eye on them so they do not burn. (I made the mistake of burning my first batch!)
- In a bowl, combine cubed salmon with soy sauce, vinegar, sriracha, sesame seeds and sesame oil.
- Add in avocado and green onion.
- Gently stir to combine all ingredients.
- Top baked wonton crisps with a generous spoonful of salmon poke.
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.