My love for pizza runs deep, and when Gold Meat USA contacted me about trying their Brazilian-style sausages, I knew exactly what I wanted to create- pizza! My fiance loves when I make flatbreads for dinner, and Gold Meat’s chicken sausage are the perfect topping for flatbread pizzas.
Gold Meat is located in Tavares, Florida and all of their products are #MadeintheUSA. They use their own trucks to deliver their products all over the state from their 42,000 square foot facility.
If you have never tried Brazilian-style meats, you’re in for a treat! The flavors are rich due to the special casing on the sausages and when grilled, each bite is nice and crisp on the outside. They make the perfect accompaniment to pasta dishes, breakfast spreads and of course as a topping on pizza!
I tend to like my flatbread pizzas topped with unique toppings, so I elevated mine with arugula and a perfectly runny egg. My fiance is more traditional and went with a red sauce, onion and Gold Meat USA chicken sausage flatbread.
The best part about flatbreads is that they come together quickly and the combination of toppings is endless. They’re also a great appetizer or meal if you have a group of friends over.
- 1 flatbread of your choice (I used FlatOut brand)
- olive oil for basting as well as for tossing with arugula
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 1 package of Gold Meat USA chicken sausage, grilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
- Grill Gold Meat USA chicken sausages on grill or in cast iron skillet.
- Pre-bake flatbread according to instructions on package.
- Meanwhile, slice onion and put aside. Toss arugula with a small amount of olive oil and pepper.
- Heat up frying pan and cook egg, leaving the yolk runny. Set aside
- Pull out flatbread and baste with olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove sausages from grill (takes approximately 20 minutes to grill).
- Top flatbread with ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, slices of red onion and chicken sausage.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty.
- Remove and top with handful of arugula and runny egg.
To find the nearest retailer that carries Gold Meat USA products, click here.
Disclosure: This was sponsored by Gold Meat USA. I was given complimentary products to use during my recipe creation. All opinions are my own.