As someone who tries to eat mostly healthy, its important to have small indulgences as well. In my life, I am all about balance! These little muffins are a lightened up version of traditional banana chocolate chip muffins and I think they taste even better! They’re also significant other approved and make a great on-the-go, filling breakfast.
Using honey in place of sugar in these muffins keeps them moist and cuts the sugar content down. Instead of butter, I used vanilla Greek yogurt. The yogurt also adds in a boost of protein.
After cooling, you can freeze the muffins to enjoy later, or if you’re like me and can’t wait, slather some peanut butter on top and enjoy them warm.
- 1½ cups flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Mix together the banana mixture, honey, vanilla, oil, egg, milk and yogurt.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin tin and bake for 20-23 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool muffins for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to wire baking rack..