With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to start planning for a romantic evening at home. Because let’s be honest, sometimes its more fun to spend a cozy holiday in with your significant other rather than fighting for a table at one of your favorite restaurants. Since my boyfriend and I moved into our new home last Fall, I much prefer making dinner at home and enjoying it out on our back patio more often than going out now since we have a bigger kitchen (and a grill).
On Sunday, some of my fave #SundaySupper Taste Makers shared their favorite dinner recipes for two. I picked 5 of my favorites to share with you today!
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two, The Crumby Cupcake: I am a sucker for French food and this meal just sounds luxurious to me! Definitely a dish that is meant to be created and savored on a special day with your special someone.
- French Onion Filet Mignon, The Chef Next Door: It’s no secret that steak is my favorite meat and the melty Gruyere, crunchy baguette and carmelized onions atop the filet take this meal to a whole ‘nother level!
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two, Life Tastes Good: Marion had me at budget friendly for this gorgeous steak dinner for two…and maybe at the mushrooms sauteed in butter. I can’t help it, I am all about the mushrooms in any meal! This recipe looks gorgeous and is quick to come together. I like that!
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine, Caroline’s Cooking: Pasta + scallops = my seafood and carb dreams realized! This dish comes together quickly and there is wine involved! Perfect for an easy Valentine’s Day meal.
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf, Cricket’s Confections: These mini meatloafs are adorable and they have mushrooms, which as we already know, are my fave! I make meatloaf at least twice a month because my boyfriend and I enjoy it and it’s a meal that comes together quickly with easy clean up, but I never thought to make it with mushrooms! The best thing about this easy dinner for two option? It’s gluten-free!
I hope you’ve found your perfect meal to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home! If not, here are more recipes from my Sunday Supper fam. Be sure to check back next week as the Taste Makers share their favorite fancy appetizers!
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.