Happy 2017, friends! With a new year comes new goals. I say goals because to me, resolutions seem to only last a few weeks before they are lost by the wayside. Goals on the other hand, always have a plan of action. I can take my goal and break them down into bite size pieces to accomplish over a period of time. This is a lot less stressful as well!
I decided to plan my year into quarters. For the first 4 months of the year, these are the things I would like to accomplish.
- Read 3 books. I grew up with a book in my hand almost every waking moment. As I got older and life got busy, I had less time to read. I really miss reading and hope to get back into it. I am currently in the middle of reading Uninvited by Lysa Terkeurst and working through the accompanying workbook. I would also love to finally finish reading Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I haven’t picked out a third book yet, but my bookshelves at home are filled with so many great books begging to be read.
- Start working on my scrapbooks/photo books. Over the last few years, I’ve picked up a few scrapbooks and supplies, saying “Oh, I will finally start putting together all of my memories.” Never happens. Now that life has slowed down a bit after the holidays, I think I can devote some time each week to work on this goal.
- Blog once a week. Chris bought me a lens I’ve been coveting for awhile and I know I can take my blogging to the next level with it. I really enjoy participating in Sunday Supper when I can, but I also want to expand on my lifestyle and travel posts.
- Put away $25 per week into my savings account. I enjoy buying gifts for everyone around the holidays, but once January rolls around, my bank account is usually crying. I’ve already created a budget for January (and each month after will be similar), so I can easily put away $25 each week. My ultimate goal is to take the money I’ve saved at the end of the year and book plane tickets to Paris.
- Start a mini Contentment Challenge. More on this soon in a separate post.
Health and Fitness
- Start consistently using my gym membership. I pay for it each month, but I fell off the fitness wagon when I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. Now is the time to get back on it. My goal is to go to the gym 3 times per week.
- Lose 30 pounds. I think over the course of 4 months, this is totally attainable. It allows for a few cheat meals (not entire days).
What goals have you set for yourself this year? Share with me!