Hey friends! Happy Thursday! If you’re looking for something different to serve your guests at your New Year’s Eve party, check out my Tropical Holiday Mojito made with Stirrings Simple Mojito Mixer.
A few months ago, Stirrings launched their first “Stir it Up Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge”. Bloggers were sent their choice of two cocktail mixers and two rimmer cocktail garnishes to create a holiday libation. I decided to go with their Simple Pomegranate Martini and Simple Mojito cocktail mixers as well as their Lemon Drop Martini rimmer garnish and Cosmopolitan rimmer garnish. For my first cocktail recipe, I created a Pom-Cranberry Sparkler– perfect for celebrating the holidays with friends!
For my Tropical Holiday Mojito, I was inspired by The Nutracker. Instead of sugarplums, visions of ocean waves and tiny umbrella embellished drinks danced in my head. This recipe pairs the tropical flavors of pineapple and coconut rum with muddled mint and Stirrings Simple Mojito cocktail mixer.
- 3 oz Stirrings Simple Mojito Cocktail Mixer
- 1.5 oz any brand of coconut rum (I used Malibu coconut rum)
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- mint (for muddling and for garnish)
- limes (for muddling and for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine a few leaves of mint and lime wedges. Muddle.
- Add in Stirrings Mojito Cocktail Mixer, rum and ice. Shake.
- Add in the pineapple juice. Shake again.
- Pour into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with lime and mint.
My favorite thing about Stirrings is that they make mixology easy! All you need to do is pick a few ingredients, toss them in a shaker with your choice of Stirrings mixers and shake, shake, shake, pour! You can find their mixers and garnishes at your local Publix, ABC Liquor or Total Wine.
Disclosure: This post is created as part of Stirrings Stir it Up Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge. I was given complimentary products to use during my recipe creation. All opinions are my own.